Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Stonehenge and Bath

Hey ya'll!! Just writing for a quick update! I went to Stonehenge and Bath on Friday, we woke up at 4:30 because our bus was picking us up at 5:30! We had to leave early because we had to get there before it was open to the public so that we could go behind the ropes, which was totally worth it.
"No admittance"....pretty cool!
Roommates at Stonehenge :-)
It was about 2.5 hrs away near Salisbury, England and it was beautiful weather! I don't think it's rained since we've been back from Paris, which is unbelievable, I am SO grateful for this wonderful weather!! After Stonehenge we went to Bath, which I think is probably my favorite city in England. We got to drive through the English country-side and it was beautiful!
We took a tour of the Roman Baths which were awesome, they are still being filled by the hot springs below the earth, which I thought was really cool.
We got to walk around the town for a little while and it was such a cute place, we ate at a little fish and chips shop for lunch and then headed back to London. I picked up Chelsea from the airport on Saturday morning and I am SO glad she is here, I've been her tour guide for the past few days and we went to see Wicked last night(shout out alex lowe :-) ) which was AMAZING!! I cannot tell you how excited I was to see the show, we went to the box office the day of the show in the morning because they release 24 front row seats for 25 pounds each at 10:00 when they open and so we tried to get there by 8:30 but there was some emergency in the tube station and so they shut it down and we had to walk, but we still got there around 8:45 or so. Anyways I don't know what else to say other then the show was amazing and I promise that Elphaba sang directly to me several times, no big deal. Haha anyway, I'm having a wonderful week, I hope all you Chapel Hill-ers are having a great spring break and that the rest of you are having a good week, I'm going to Dublin early Friday morning and I'll be back on Monday! Miss you all very much and I'm praying for you guys, Shoutout to all the CCP: I'm keeping ya'lls support in my prayers, I know it's been hard but know that you are being prayed for and that God is a God of provision, love you guys!
"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have what we asked of him."1 John 5:14-15

1 comment:

  1. had soo much fun with you!!!! missing you soo much already!!!! i love you!!!


    Psalm 145:14 "The Lord upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down."

    ReplyDelete